Searchfortreasure's Blog

…a Bible student's notes…

The Parable of the 10 Virgins, part 2…

Parable of the 10 Virgins, part 2… Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Following is a summary of the parable that must first be understood before studying the parable of the virgins. For the context, go to Matthew 13, Luke 8, or Mark 4.

The four soils represent 100% of the ones who have ears to hear. Here are a few verses to meditate upon as you read my synopsis from the parable of the soils: 1Jo 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world 17 And the world is passing away, and [also] its lusts; but the one who does the will of God abides forever.

Now, apply these three to the soils below.

25% do not understand the Word of the Kingdom and the evil one snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is a cold, hard heart who is unwilling to hear. (boastful pride of life)

25% hear the Word of the Kingdom and immediately receive it with joy; yet, the Word has no firm root. The rocky ground has not been prepared and made fertile so that the Word is temporary and when affliction or persecution arises because of the Word, this person “falls away” from what he/she has heard. (lust of the flesh)

25% of those who hear the Word of the Kingdom fall upon the thorns in his/her life. The worry of this age and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word and it becomes unfruitful – meaning, that at some point, the Word was ready to bear fruit. (lust of the eyes)

25% of the 100% who hear the Word of the Kingdom, have good, prepared soil. They understand and live accordingly, bearing fruit, some as much as a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty. (The one who obeys the will of God.)

I am persuaded that this last 25% experienced everything that the other 75% experienced – yet this last group endured to the end, so as to be saved unto His Kingdom and glory. (Mt. 24:13 – “But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved.”)

It is best, at this point, to read this parable – from all three portions, Matthew 13, Mark 4, and Luke 8.

Advertisements

March 28, 2012 - Posted by | Ladies Bible Study Notes, Learning to read - accurately, Pages from my journal, Parable of 10 Virgins, Parables, The Kingdom and Gospel of our Lord | , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: